Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Fifth Guest Piece on Prof. Juan Cole's Informed Comment Blog: "Hezbollah's Double Standards: Iran, Tunisia, & Popular Protest"

I'm excited to write that today I have a fifth guest piece on Informed Comment, the widely-read blog of Prof. Juan Cole of the University of Michigan's Department of History, who is a noted expert on the modern Middle East and South Asia, with a specialty in Shi'i Islam. The essay is entitled: "Hezbollah's Double Standards: Iran, Tunisia, & Popular Protest." My main point is that Hizbullah (Hezbollah, Hizballah), like all other actors, is usually motivated by self-interest.

My first guest piece, "The Islamic State of Iraq’s Positions on Iraqi National Elections: The Continuing Decline of a Self-styled Jihadi State," can be read HERE.

My second guest piece, "The Death of a Caliph: Will the Reported Killings of the Islamic State of Iraq's Two Senior Leaders Spell the End of the Self-styled Jihadi State?", can be read HERE.

My third guest piece, "From 'Martyrdom' Videos to Jihadi Journalism in Somalia," can be read HERE.

My fourth guest piece, "HAMAS' Rhetoric as Spoiler," can be read HERE.

No comments: