Friday, April 27, 2007

Will Peace Come to the Middle East?



Warning: Soap Box Moment

Without oversimplifying the complexity of the issues at play, I often think about whether I truly believe peace will come to the Middle East and the world as a whole.
Speaking specifically about the Arab-Israeli conflict, which is overshadowed by the events following the Neoconservative project that was to be Iraq, if one had asked me during the summer of 2003 I would have immediately replied, "Yes, peace will come."
On any given day now, one would be as likely to hear me mumble a "no, probably not" as realism sinks in after the events of the past year. I have a few shards of hope (you know who you are) but I've become increasingly cynical.
Hopefully I will be proven to be wrong. However, I think this is increasingly unlikely.

No comments: